BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, March 1, 2010

Just Aint' Right


Yes, yes, yes, the good ol' Double Standard. The things that are good for boys and men, but bad for girls and women. The one that always gets me though is the one about having multiple sex partners. I mean why is it that when males have multiple sex partners, they're considered "The Man," but when girls have just as many, or even less, she is considered a "Ho" and is looked down upon? I mean who made up these rules? Okay, okay, yeah women should not be out here having sex with multiple people all "willy nilly," and we should have respect for our bodies, but shouldn't men hold the same level of respect for their own bodies too? Shouldn't they too save that special moment for the woman whom they choose to marry...? I mean this really does bug me!

Oh yeah and what about the Double Standard that can be found all throughout the work place, any where you go? Say for example when a woman has a good job, and has a good office position in a big firm, etcetara, etcetara, she most likely slept with the boss to get there (:/), but when we are talking about a man, who could have the same exact position, he simply worked hard to get to the position he is in. I mean why did a women have to sleep her way to the top? Not to say that some women dont do it, but not all women find success that way. And its unfortunate that the minority, the women like those that sleep around, give the majority, women that actually move up in the world the right way, a bad reputation. It is so sad that we a generalized, especially because it is based on the negativity of only a handful.

I myself experience a Double Standard to this day. Growing up, my father took care of my uncle, his brother, that was only a few years older than me. And I could remember at 12, 13, 14 my uncle was already basically coming and going as he pleased. He was allowed to date, have his girlfriends over for dinner, and everything else. But me at 18, cant even do that! I can't date, definitely can't have a boy spend the night, not even come over for an hour a two, I mean really I'm almost 19 and I cant even do what a 14 year old boy was doing, at my age (:(). And whats the excuse, "Its not you I dont trust, its them boys out there." I guess so. I just have one word for this "b***s***" okay so I dont want to be that crude so im just going to say "unfair."

But not to say that the Double Standard only has its negative affects on women, because it affects men as well. For example for men certain colors are like forbidden to wear or like automatically they get the "GAY" label. I just think that the Double Standards are more suppressing to women, and is applied more frequently to women. And its a shame that has even reached as far as the work place and the way a womens success is measured. I mean do this mean in the future when I'm successful along with the title of "doctor" i'll have to take the title of "ho" as well? It has to change!

0 comments: